Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wouldn't one of these look better?

What the hell were they thinking?
















Matt said...

Compared to what's been approved? Yes. I prefer the bottom design for symmetry, though I would probably take the top design, lower the Aegon logo by about 20%, and move the Ajax logo over the heart, vertically centred w/ the Adidas logo.

The larger question is: why is it that we can sort this shit out in a matter of minutes, whereas I'm sure a group of 20 people probably spent hours (nay days) producing what is, at best, mediocre.

SydAjax said...

Ha ha...I'm pretty impressed with my work there. I'm more of a fan of the top one too, the vertical sponsor was so unique looking. And yeah, move the Adidas logo to the middle, and put the Ajax crest over the heart (very symbolic). What about stars over the crest? Didn't they have at least one on the last jersey? I know all teams have different determinations as to how many they put up there, I think Ajax had two for having won 20+ Eredivisie titles or something like that.

Oh, and I dig your site btw.

SydAjax said...

Ok, so i moved the Aegon logo down a bit and it does look better. I think they should have gone with that one...

Matt said...

Thanks!

As far as stars go, I don't believe Ajax has used them before. I have two generations of jerseys (one from '96-97, one from '99-00) and neither of them have stars.