Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Well...at least the wait is over

So the new home jerseys are out today, and I gotta say I'm a bit disappointed. I didn't realize how much I'd miss the ABN-AMRO logo, this new Aegon lettering just looks really odd to me. And the patch just looks so out of place doesn't it? I dunno, hopefully I'll get used to it eventually but my first impression is YUK! At least there is no collar or V-neck, both of which I can't stand. Adidas will unveil the away shirt on July 25th.

Matt said...

Like all things we initially hate (for reasons legitimate or not) I suppose we'll eventually get used to it. What bugs me most is the treatment of the Ajax and Adidas logos - what happened to the knit Ajax logo from 2000? It was elegant. and why is the Adidas logo in the middle?? Who the f*ck are they playing for, Ajax, Aegon, or Adidas? Looks like Ajax itself is getting the short shrift.