Friday, May 15, 2009


Man...i haven't made a post here in a long time. Why not? A few reasons...mostly lack of time, a slowly decreasing level of interest in this past season and a lack of desire to just bitch and moan in my posts about how fed up I was/am with the sorry state of Ajax football. And no, there is no correlation between my lack of posts and a similar situation going on with Matt on the Offside blog...me thinks he may have a more reasonable excuse than I do.
Congrats to AZ, they played fantastic (but boring) football all season. Hopefully they will represent the Eredivisie well next year in the Champions League along with Twente.

Micah said...

Glad you're back. Tip my hat to AZ. Looking foward to next season. Ajax needs to make some changes.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Im dutch, born and raised Amsterdammer and Ajax is my life. But nowadays ajax need stability and with firing Marco 'our hero' van Basten it wont give stability.
I m just thinking back about 1995 when we won the Champions League and pfioeee i hope these times will return!
Nice to know that there are Ajax fans in the States. Never knew that.
Cheerss

Micah said...

Greetings "Anonymous"...

I went to the ArenA (perhaps you could tell me why the last "a" is also capitolized) for a match in Oct '06. A 2-0 victory of ADO. Goals scored by Gabri and Schneider. Fantastic time. Hope to do it again one day.

Anonymous said...

Mm thats a good question. Actually i do not really know, maybe looks better..
If you go again to Ajax you SHOULD go to Ajax-feyenoord because i think you already know they are our main rivals and than the atmosphere in the stadium is at his best..
I hope btw that Martin Jol is gonna do it better, but they have to give him a chance..
Cheers or like we said Laterzzz

Anonymous said...

Hi guys.

I'm looking for a site where I could watch the highlites of Ajax' games.
I know how to look at the games (stream) but sometimes I just have time for highlites.

Thx

Joe Bailey said...

Dutch Season starts today!

Let's hope Martin Jol can at least bring Ajax back to greatness!

Joe B.

NYC

Joe Bailey said...

C'mon Syd,

Ajax won their first game!

SydAjax said...

Ha ha...yeah sorry guys, just moved into a new house and am working 12 hr days at the office on top of that. Things should settle down in a few weeks then I'll be back in action! Hup Marty Jol! Hup Ajax!

Anonymous said...

Hi, im a amsterdam guy and living in the states at the moment. The season just started and i am missing the games. I was wondering if anybody knows a place (im located in long beach, ca) or channel where they broadcast the eredivisie? I cant go on without not seeing my team play!

thanks!

p.s
The last 'a' in ArenA is a capitol because of legal issues with a bar/club in Amsterdam. They already had the name and didn't want to give it up...

SydAjax said...

Your best bet is to try to find it online. If can find someone with Verizon as their ISP, you can go to ESPN360.com and watch Eredivisie matches for free. It works for other ISPs as well I think.

SydAjax said...

English posts only please, so everyone can read. Thanks!

SM度チェッカー said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey Syd, maybe you need to start another thread...

Joe B.
NYC

Micah said...

GolTV also airs Ajax games from time to time...I think.

I want to see the rebirth of Ajacied in America!