Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Interesting news out of Liverpool...

Well this would be a surprise. Soccernet reported this morning that Ryan Babel is so fed up with his lack of playing time at Liverpool that he has been trying to convince the Merseyside brass to send him BACK to the ArenA on loan to kick start his career. Of course I'm biased, but this sounds like a great idea for the kid, not to mention a great idea for Ajax! Who needs KJH?!? Of course Liverpool does not really want to lose a talent like Ryan, so this probably will never happen, but man would I love to see him play in Amsterdam again. What a great talent he is, and it sucks that he's rotting on the bench up in England. I'll be following this story closely...


Anonymous said...

That would be great, but...I rather not see us become anyone's feeder club no matter what. Just my view. So I hope he doenst come here.

SydAjax said...

Dave, i agree, but I think this is more of a one-off situation. I don't think Liverpool is trying to set up a feeder relationship with us. It was Babel's idea, this kid just wants to play. Again, probably won't happen though.

Anonymous said...

let Babel rot in scouse land

Anonymous said...

nice job man, have you ever thought of a life as a sportswriter?

SydAjax said...

@ hdyst - funny...funny guy